Whether grilled or broiled, these juicy, flavorful burgers flecked with spinach and cheese were always a yummy summertime favorite with Jan Komarek from Friendswood, Texas. With or without a bun, they’re sure to bring raves!
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, mushrooms and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Mushroom Beef Patties in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p55
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach-Mushroom Beef Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2013
"had to use fresh spinach because I didn't have frozen. Ate without bun. Excellent!"
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2013
"This was an outstanding burger grilled on a Weber gas grill"