"Sprinkle grated Parmesan on bowls of this flavorful soup that's chock-full of spinach, beans and pasta," recommends Gladys De Boer from her home in Castleford, Idaho. "Breadsticks are an easy accompaniment," she adds.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, carrots, macaroni and oregano. Cook until vegetables and macaroni are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5-10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Spinach Minestrone in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p45
Reviews for Spinach Minestrone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review