Spinach Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until very tender. Drain well and place in a bowl; mash. Add the sour cream, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and dill; mix well. Stir in spinach.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 229 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Mashed Potatoes
"p.s. for the spinach layer mentioned below I sauteed frozen spinach (moisture pressed out) in some butter and seasonings so it would make a nice colorful layer alternating with the potato-corned beef dish."
"Can easily be turned into a main dish by adding a meat. I made something similar to this recently (modified from a "colcannon" recipe) by adding bits of cooked Corned beef that I had cooked in a crock pot all day. Then instead of stirring all together I just stirred the beef into the potatoes and made layers of potato mixter, layer of spinach, althernating...it turned out so pretty when sliced and would be beautiful for a Christmas brunch or dinner because of the pretty colors!"
"I've made these a couple times already; we won't eat mashed potatoes any other way now. Thank you!"
"I made this the other night and my family loved it. The flavor is wonderful!"