Spinach Mashed Potatoes
A lot of folks say they don't like spinach—until they try this super side dish. Everyone who has ever tasted it has loved it.—Karen Wald, Dalton, Ohio
8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and
- bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or
- until very tender. Drain well and place in a bowl; mash. Add the
- sour cream, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and dill; mix well. Stir in
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or cheese is melted. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 229 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.