A lot of folks say they don't like spinach—until they try this super side dish. Everyone who has ever tasted it has loved it.—Karen Wald, Dalton, Ohio
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until very tender. Drain well and place in a bowl; mash. Add the sour cream, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and dill; mix well. Stir in spinach.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Mashed Potatoes in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p236
Reviews for Spinach Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review