Spinach Manicotti Recipe
- 1 carton (15 ounces) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, spinach, sour cream, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 2. Combine the tomato juice, salsa and crushed tomatoes; spread 1 cup sauce in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti with spinach mixture; arrange over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Yield: 7 servings.
2 each: 345 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Spinach Manicotti
"Made this using spaghetti sauce instead of the salsa and tomatoes. Can I say yummy? Delicious , easy to fix (no hot pasta) and what a belly filler. Will definitely make again."
"First time made exactly as written, very good. Now I swap out the juice & salsa for 3C of spaghetti sauce, get raves every time. Family & friends request this often."
"One of my family's favorite light recipes. My 5 year old son even loves these!"
"I liked how there was no need to cook the noodles ahead, but using salsa for the sauce was kind of strange. Next time I will just use spaghetti sauce instead of the salsa. Also, be careful when you take this out of the oven as the liquid almost overflowed on mine!"
"Delicious!! Will be making this again this week!!"
"This is so good I had 3 people ask for the recipe!I used Von's Arrabiata Spagetti Sauce 28oz. instead of the salsa & crushed tomatoes."
"Delicious! Very flavorful. My husband and I both loved it! Also like not having to cook the manicotti before filling. Definitely a keeper! Thanks Mary"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.