Spinach Manicotti Recipe
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Fat-Free Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, spinach, sour cream, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 2. Combine the tomato juice, salsa and crushed tomatoes; spread 1 cup sauce in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti with spinach mixture; arrange over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (2 stuffed manicotti) equals 341 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 883 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.