Spinach Manicotti with Ham Recipe
- 12 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions. For sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, pepper, salt and nutmeg until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach and oregano. Stir in ham; add 1/2 cup sauce. Drain manicotti; stuff with ham mixture. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
2 stuffed manicotti shells equals 468 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.