Spinach Manicotti Recipe
- 1 carton (15 ounces) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, spinach, sour cream, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Combine the tomato juice, salsa and crushed tomatoes; spread 1 cup sauce in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti with spinach mixture; arrange over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach Manicotti(7)
Sort By :
First time made exactly as written, very good. Now I swap out the juice & salsa for 3C of spaghetti sauce, get raves every time. Family & friends request this often.
One of my family's favorite light recipes. My 5 year old son even loves these!
I liked how there was no need to cook the noodles ahead, but using salsa for the sauce was kind of strange. Next time I will just use spaghetti sauce instead of the salsa. Also, be careful when you take this out of the oven as the liquid almost overflowed on mine!
Delicious!! Will be making this again this week!!
This recipe was a family favorite. I've made manicotti before, but this recipe uses uncooked noodles that obsorb the sauce until tender while baking. Serve with garlic bread and red wine!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >