Spinach Lentil Soup Recipe
Sally Peters needs just a few ingredients for her hearty soup. "It's so easy and delicious," says the Liverpool, New York reader. "Add any other vegetables you'd love."
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1-1/4 cups dried lentils, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add the water, salsa, lentils and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in spinach; simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Lentil Soup in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spinach Lentil Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2011
This is a really good soup that is healthy and good for you. I really love it!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >