Spinach Lasagna Recipe
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain well.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, egg white, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, pepper and nutmeg. Combine mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 3. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer three noodles, 3/4 cup tomato sauce, 1 cup spinach mixture and 3/4 cup cheese mixture. Repeat layers three times.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 300 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spinach Lasagna
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.