- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Spread 1/3 cup cheese mixture over each noodle; carefully roll up.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place roll-ups seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
"Great recipe! However I did a few things to change it.First off, I made a little less of the cheese mixture, lower all the amounts including the egg except I higher-ed the amount of mozzarella in the mixture. I also cooked the spinach beforehand with garlic. I am a huge fan of garlic so I also added garlic to the mixture and omitted the nutmeg.Then when layering I actually put both the cheese mixture and sauce on each before rolling.I followed the directions regarding the sauce on the bottom then the rolled lasagna and then sauce again. However I added mozzarella cheese on top of the rolls. Came out wonderful."
"Unbelievable this spinach lasagna was great. Friends birthday was yesterday had a dinner at work for her i made the spinach rolls and everyone loved the dish. I will be making this dish again soon."
"amazing!!! easy, quick, and super fun to make. my entire dinner party was impressed."
"5-Stars, for sure!!! Making these for a family dinner of 20, so I doubled the recipe. Waaaay too much filling! But after everyone ate, it wasn't hard to send some home with my daughter! These are easy and tasty; have made the roll-up style before but couldn't find the recipe. I followed the recipe exactly (not sure the nutmeg belongs) and can't think how I would change it ... the next time!"
"This is a great receipe full of flavor. I did make a few changes (as I always do) I don't know why, maybe I'm a rebel but I just can't follow orders or directions for that matter without adding my own twist haha. With that said... What I did is omitted the nutmeg and added garlic and onion powder, basil leaves and a little bit of fennel seed oh and I didn't use a jar of spaghetti sauce, I used a little bit of leftover spaghetti sauce (I always make from scratch and freeze) and added a can of tomato sauce to that with some crushed fresh garlic and more basil and of course salt and pepper. Everything else I followed the receipe well the ingredients part and it turned out delicious! Definitely will be on our menu again!"