Friends we hadn't seen for a while dropped by unexpectedly. They were on a tight schedule, and if I wanted them to stay for supper, I needed to fix something quickly. I didn't have time to make lasagna, so I created this special dish.—Julia Trachsel, Victoria, British Columbia
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Spread 1/3 cup cheese mixture over each noodle; carefully roll up.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place roll-ups seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p6
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review