Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
Friends we hadn't seen for a while dropped by unexpectedly. They were on a tight schedule, and if I wanted them to stay for supper, I needed to fix something quickly. I didn't have time to make lasagna, so I created this special dish.—Julia Trachsel, Victoria, British Columbia
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, spinach,
- salt, pepper and nutmeg. Spread 1/3 cup cheese mixture over each
- noodle; carefully roll up.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Place roll-ups seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining
- sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 569 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 1,165 mg sodium,