Spinach Lasagna Recipe
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, egg white, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, pepper and nutmeg. Combine mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer three noodles, 3/4 cup tomato sauce, 1 cup spinach mixture and 3/4 cup cheese mixture. Repeat layers three times.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach Lasagna
Sort By :
"My vegetarian kids love this. My carnivores don't mind it, either."
"Very good vegetarian lasagna. It's a nice change of pace from the typical veggie lasagna with white sauce."
"I'm a vegetarian and for recipes like this I use meatless burger, its in the vegi isle or the vegi frozen section at the supermarket"
"This is a very good recipe after a couple of minor changes. I suggest using your favorite spaghetti sauce (meatless marinara) in place of the plain tomato sauce, as it will add the missing seasoning others mentioned- and use a bit more of the sauce between layers to keep the finished lasagna from being as dry, also pouring some sauce over the top layer of noodles before adding the final mozzarella mixture (use all the ricotta mix between layers, mozz only on top). Delizioso!"
"I made this receipe but had to modify as the 3rd part of instructions did not include when to add the tomato sauce. I had fresh spinach and boiled it for 4 seconds dropped in ice water for 1 minute then drained very well (could use a tea towel) then cut it up before adding to the other ingredients. Also used 2 whole eggs and 1 carton of ricotta cheese and half small container of small curd cottage cheese. Very tasty"