Spinach Hash Brown Frittata Recipe
I love this recipe for its ease! Make it the night before, cover with plastic and pop it in the refrigerator and bake the next morning! —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) fontina cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- 2. In another skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- 3. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer hash browns, spinach mixture and pancetta. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/2 cup fontina cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and nutmeg; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 281 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 225 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC