I love this recipe for its ease! Make it the night before, cover with plastic and pop it in the refrigerator and bake the next morning! —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Recommended: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta or Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) fontina cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In another skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer hash browns, spinach mixture and pancetta. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/2 cup fontina cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and nutmeg; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Hash Brown Frittata in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p190