I love this recipe for its ease! Make it the night before, cover with plastic and pop it in the refrigerator and bake the next morning! —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Featured In: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta or Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) fontina cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In another skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer hash browns, spinach mixture and pancetta. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/2 cup fontina cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and nutmeg; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Hash Brown Frittata in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p190
Reviews for Spinach Hash Brown Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review