"GREENS make the best salad to serve with this meal because the flavors are so compatible with the main course. We often use collards here in the South, but spinach or beet greens are good substitutes."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 12 cups torn fresh spinach or beet greens (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp; remove to a paper
- towel to drain. Add greens to drippings; cook, stirring constantly,
- just until wilted. Stir in the sugar and salt. Crumble bacon and
- stir into greens. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.