Spinach Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Place with cut side up on a baking sheet; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add spinach and stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and fennel seed; mix well. Spread evenly over bread halves. Sprinkle with tomato, mozzarella and basil. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Garlic Bread in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2008