Spinach Flank Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1. Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cheese and sour cream; spread over steak to within 1/2 in. of edges. With the grain of the meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style. Slice beef across the grain into eight slices.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 320 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein
Reviews for Spinach Flank Steak Pinwheels
"this is nice"
"This is nice recipe"
"This is great!"
"We have made it 3 X now. It's excellent. We recommend going a little heavier on the sour cream than in the recipe. But, it's good."
"I made this and it was Yummy! I did change it a little I used cheddar cheese instead! My husband loved it!"
"I used cheddar cheese instead of parm. fantastic!"
"you should let the meat redst for 5-10 minutes b4 slicing it that way it will not fall apart--i left out the sour cream and added sauteed onions, garlic, parsley and some herbs, wrapped it it bacon--FANTASTIC!!!"
"This was really good and super easy to make. Great date night meal. I could not find flank steaks anywhere so I used sirloin tip steaks whi h aarealready thin and dont have tons of fat."
"This is one of those 'you're kidding's.'But it's KILLER!"
"I had trouble getting mine to look as nice as the picture (probably a greater reflection on me than the recipe), but it tastes great!"
"Awesome! I added 1 teaspoon of minced garlic to the creamy spinach mixture."
"Very good!!! This recipe is fast, easy and delicious....even my 6 year old loved it. I received rave reviews from the entire family...as promised! :)"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.