- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cheese and sour cream; spread over steak to within 1/2 in. of edges. With the grain of the meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style. Slice beef across the grain into eight slices.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spinach Flank Steak Pinwheels
"this is nice"
"This is nice recipe"
"This is great!"
"We have made it 3 X now. It's excellent. We recommend going a little heavier on the sour cream than in the recipe. But, it's good."
"I made this and it was Yummy! I did change it a little I used cheddar cheese instead! My husband loved it!"
"I used cheddar cheese instead of parm. fantastic!"
"you should let the meat redst for 5-10 minutes b4 slicing it that way it will not fall apart--i left out the sour cream and added sauteed onions, garlic, parsley and some herbs, wrapped it it bacon--FANTASTIC!!!"
"This was really good and super easy to make. Great date night meal. I could not find flank steaks anywhere so I used sirloin tip steaks whi h aarealready thin and dont have tons of fat."
"This is one of those 'you're kidding's.'But it's KILLER!"