These quick and easy turnovers are a favorite with my wife, who says they are delicious and melt in your mouth.—David Baruch, Weston, Florida
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs; reserving 1 tablespoon egg and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, garlic, pepper and remaining eggs.
- Unroll pizza dough; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut into four 3-in. squares. Top each square with about 1/3 cup spinach mixture. Fold into a triangle and pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in top; brush with reserved egg.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Feta Turnovers in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p53
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Spinach Feta Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2010
"This recipe was just ok; edible, but bland."