Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine spinach and 1/2 cup feta cheese; spoon down the center of each chicken breast half. Fold chicken over filling and secure with toothpicks. Combine the flour, oregano, salt and pepper; rub over chicken.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Discard toothpicks. Place chicken in a greased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with tomatoes and remaining feta cheese.
- 3. Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Serve over pasta if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 267 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken
"Already made this a few times. Comes out great every time. Very tasty. I actually omit the flour b/c I wanted a more grilled chicken exterior. Still comes out fantastic."