Once the stuffed chicken breasts are browned in a skillet, cooking them in microwave gets them done quickly. Be sure to check each piece of chicken--particularly those in the center of the baking dish--to be sure that each of them is cooked through.
Featured In: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine spinach and 1/2 cup feta cheese; spoon down the center of each chicken breast half. Fold chicken over filling and secure with toothpicks. Combine the flour, oregano, salt and pepper; rub over chicken.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Discard toothpicks. Place chicken in a greased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with tomatoes and remaining feta cheese.
- Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Serve over pasta if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p104
Reviews for Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 27, 2013
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2010
"Already made this a few times. Comes out great every time. Very tasty. I actually omit the flour b/c I wanted a more grilled chicken exterior. Still comes out fantastic."