Once the stuffed chicken breasts are browned in a skillet, cooking them in microwave gets them done quickly. Be sure to check each piece of chicken--particularly those in the center of the baking dish--to be sure that each of them is cooked through.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine spinach and 1/2 cup feta cheese; spoon down the center of each chicken breast half. Fold chicken over filling and secure with toothpicks. Combine the flour, oregano, salt and pepper; rub over chicken.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Discard toothpicks. Place chicken in a greased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with tomatoes and remaining feta cheese.
- Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Serve over pasta if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p104
Reviews for Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review