Spinach Feta Strata Recipe
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick) or 6 croissants, split
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, arrange French bread or croissant halves with sides overlapping.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, spinach, salt, nutmeg and pepper; pour over bread. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.