This is a fairly new recipe for me, but my family loved it the first time I made it. A friend shared it with me.—Pat Lane, Pullman, Washington
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick) or 6 croissants, split
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, arrange French bread or croissant halves with sides overlapping.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, spinach, salt, nutmeg and pepper; pour over bread. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Feta Strata in Country April/May 2003, p51
Reviews for Spinach Feta Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review