Spinach Feta Pizza Recipe
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 1 minute. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 3. Roll into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until puffed, about 20 minutes.
- 4. Sprinkle with garlic and garlic salt. Top with the spinach, onion, mushrooms, cheeses and basil. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 slices.
One slice equals 287 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spinach Feta Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.