Spinach Feta Frittata Recipe
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. In a bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, water, pepper and salt; set aside. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add potatoes; cook and stir until almost tender, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat; sprinkle with spinach, feta cheese and basil.
- 2. Top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Uncover; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 178 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spinach Feta Frittata
"So yummy, guilt-free and easy to make!"