“This dish was inspired from a favorite Greek appetizer,” writes Linda Gregg of Spartanburg, South Carolina. It may take a bit of extra work, but it's worth it!
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. In another bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, onions, olives and garlic. Drain and chop tomatoes; add to spinach mixture.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread spinach mixture over chicken. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Feta Chicken Rolls in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach-Feta Chicken Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review