I first whipped up this salad for my sister before we headed out for a day of shopping. Now I'm asked to make it for her whenever she comes over.—Malinda Smith, Stone Mountain, Georgia
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey, cut into strips
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 3 pepperoncini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine the turkey, spinach, tomatoes, onions, feta cheese, pepperoncini, Romano cheese, garlic and seasonings.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Remove stems and seeds. Slice peppers; add to salad and toss to combine. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Festival Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p98
Reviews for Spinach Festival Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review