Spinach Egg Croissants
This special breakfast entree is a real treat on weekends when I have time to enjoy a relaxing meal.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 croissants, split
- 2 cups prepared hollandaise sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, spinach and onion in oil
- until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs
- are completely set. Stir in cheese.
- Toast croissant halves under broiler until golden brown. Top with egg
- mixture and hollandaise sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 596 calories, 43 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 364 mg cholesterol, 891 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.