- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon plus additional extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 to 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup plus additional grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon plus additional coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 500°. Line two 15x10-in. baking pans with parchment paper; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal. Cut dough into four pieces; stretch and shape into 6- to 7-in. circles.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; cook and stir until just starting to wilt, 1-2 minutes. Combine spinach with next five ingredients; spread spinach mixture over each pizza. Leave a slight border of raised dough along edge. Bake on a lower oven rack about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; break an egg into center of each pizza. Return to lower oven rack, baking until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 6-10 minutes. Drizzle olive oil over pizzas; top with additional Parmesan and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Spinach-Egg Breakfast Pizzas
"This is so easy and absolutely delicious. I've made it several times now ... it's so easy and so good, we even eat it for dinner with a side salad! I've even served these to guests to rave reviews. I'm surprised there aren't any other reviews on this site!"