Spinach Egg Bake
This potluck pleaser showcases mouthwatering Wisconsin cheddar cheese. I first made this egg bake for an after-church breakfast. The big pan disappeared in a hurry!—Genny Derer, Madison, Wisconsin
18-20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 bunches green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound fresh spinach, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes or until
- tender. Add spinach and parsley; saute 3 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and salt until smooth.
- Stir in the spinach mixture and cheddar cheese. Pour into a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Yield:
- 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 122 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.