- 4 bunches green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound fresh spinach, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and parsley; saute 3 minutes longer or until heated through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and salt until smooth. Stir in the spinach mixture and cheddar cheese. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach Egg Bake
Sort By :
"Question: recipe says 4 BUNCHES of green onion. Is this correct? So like 20 green onions (usually 5 in a bunch)?? That seems like an awful lot!! I haven't made this yet so can't give an accurate rating for now...."
"I love that this recipe is so healthy, easy to make, and tastes great, too! My family wasted no time in enjoying almost the whole dish in one sitting!I actually waited to top the egg bake with Parmesan until just minutes before it was finished baking through, and it turned out great!This recipe not only tastes good fresh, but the leftovers taste great for breakfast the next morning!"
"This is one of my "go-to" recipes for our weekly Sunday brunch! I like to bake this in a 13x9-inch pan for thicker slices."
"This gets rave reviews whenever I serve it."
"Instead of whole eggs, I used the egg whites and I also used skim milk. This recipe turned out great! I will definitely make it again!:D"