Spinach Dip with Cajun Pita Chips Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 5 pita breads (6 inches), halved and split
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, spinach, red pepper, onions, garlic, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, for chips, cut each pita half into four wedges. Combine the butter, Cajun seasoning and cumin; brush over rough side of pita wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until chips are golden brown and crisp. Serve with dip. Yield: about 2-1/3 cups dip (6-1/2 dozen pita chips).
2 tablespoon: 149 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Spinach Dip with Cajun Pita Chips
"We've been making these chips for quite some time and love them. I finally got around to trying the spinach dip part of this recipe. It's ok, seemed to be missing something. I have other spinach dip recipes that I prefer."