- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 5 pita breads (6 inches), halved and split
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, spinach, red pepper, onions, garlic, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for chips, cut each pita half into four wedges. Combine the butter, Cajun seasoning and cumin; brush over rough side of pita wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until chips are golden brown and crisp. Serve with dip. Yield: about 2-1/3 cups dip (6-1/2 dozen pita chips).
Originally published as Spinach Dip With Cajun Pita Chips in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p35
Reviews for Spinach Dip with Cajun Pita Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2012
We've been making these chips for quite some time and love them. I finally got around to trying the spinach dip part of this recipe. It's ok, seemed to be missing something. I have other spinach dip recipes that I prefer.