Spinach Dip-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Remove stems from mushrooms and set caps aside; discard stems or save for another use. In a small skillet, saute spinach in oil until wilted. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, salt, cayenne, pepper and spinach mixture. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- 3. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 48 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.