Spinach Dip-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 16 large fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Remove stems from mushrooms and set caps aside; discard stems or save for another use. In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach; saute until wilted. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Combine spinach mixture with remaining ingredients. Stuff into mushroom caps. Place in a 15x10-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender, 12-15 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 stuffed mushroom: 44 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Spinach Dip-Stuffed Mushrooms
"These were delicious, but I think next time I will put some breadcrumbs or something on top for little crunch."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.