Spinach Dip in Red Cabbage Recipe
- 1 large head red cabbage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. Gently peel back outer leaves of cabbage. Slice 1/2 in. from bottom of cabbage so it sits flat. Cut a 3-in. circle in the top of the cabbage; hollow out a third of the cabbage to form a bowl (save removed cabbage for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, onions, parsley, lemon juice and dill. Spoon into cabbage bowl just before serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 38 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.