Spinach Dip in Red Cabbage Recipe
- 1 large head red cabbage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. Gently peel back outer leaves of cabbage. Slice 1/2 in. from bottom of cabbage so it sits flat. Cut a 3-in. circle in the top of the cabbage; hollow out a third of the cabbage to form a bowl (save removed cabbage for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, onions, parsley, lemon juice and dill. Spoon into cabbage bowl just before serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 38 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spinach Dip in Red Cabbage
"Besides looking very pretty, this would be good at any party and you can use other veggies to hollow out like baby pumpkins for the Holidays, very good!"