Spinach Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, butter, sugar, pepper and salt; mix well. Stir in bacon and spinach. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 146 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Deviled Eggs
"Yummy! Adds a nice nutritional touch to deviled eggs. I omitted the baco n and didn't miss it at all."
"I made this recipe quite sometime time ago and it was wonderful. I omitted the sugar and used rice wine vinegar and fresh spinach, finely chopped ~ Great little recipe ~ Janie ~ Toh Field Editor"
"Can't wait to try these! I love spinach in anything, and who in the world doesn't like bacon! Leave it to us Southern Indiana girls to come up with great ideas!"