Spinach Deviled Eggs Recipe
Spinach adds unexpected color and flavor to this tasty variation on deviled eggs from Dorothy Sander of Evansville, Indiana. They're easy to make with leftover Easter eggs...and an attractive addition to a party spread.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, butter, sugar, pepper and salt; mix well. Stir in bacon and spinach. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 146 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC