Spinach adds unexpected color and flavor to this tasty variation on deviled eggs from Dorothy Sander of Evansville, Indiana. They're easy to make with leftover Easter eggs...and an attractive addition to a party spread.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, butter, sugar, pepper and salt; mix well. Stir in bacon and spinach. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Spinach Deviled Eggs in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p14
Reviews for Spinach Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review