Spinach Crescents Recipe
These spinach-stuffed rolls are a great way to get my son to eat his vegetables! I experimented with the recipe many times after tasting similar bundles years ago.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a food processor, finely chop the almonds. Add the spinach, cheese, onion, oil, salt and pepper; cover and process until well blended.
- 2. Unroll and separate the crescent dough into eight pieces. Spread spinach mixture evenly over dough to within 1/8 in. of edges. Roll up and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC