These spinach-stuffed rolls are a great way to get my son to eat his vegetables! I experimented with the recipe many times after tasting similar bundles years ago.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a food processor, finely chop the almonds. Add the spinach, cheese, onion, oil, salt and pepper; cover and process until well blended.
- Unroll and separate the crescent dough into eight pieces. Spread spinach mixture evenly over dough to within 1/8 in. of edges. Roll up and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Crescents in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p159
Reviews for Spinach Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2010
"Oh yum! I was not sure about almonds in this but this was excellent. The only thing I changed was to bake it as a loaf, followed the recipe otherwise. Everyone was "over the moon" about it. I plan to make again soon."