Spinach Citrus Salad Recipe
This salad tastes as good as it looks. The dressing is very easy to prepare in a jar.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, grapefruit and onion.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC