This salad tastes as good as it looks. The dressing is very easy to prepare in a jar.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, grapefruit and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Citrus Salad in Country February/March 2008, p49
Reviews for Spinach Citrus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2011
"I don't include the onions because I don't enjoy them, but the dressing with the fruit and spinach is amazing!! I LOVE this salad!"