This salad tastes as good as it looks. The dressing is very easy to prepare in a jar.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, grapefruit and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Citrus Salad in Country February/March 2008, p49
Reviews for Spinach Citrus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2011
"I don't include the onions because I don't enjoy them, but the dressing with the fruit and spinach is amazing!! I LOVE this salad!"