Spinach Chicken Salad Recipe
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 3 whole breasts)
- 2 cups green grape halves
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cups packed torn spinach
- 2-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 7 ounces spiral pasta or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 3 green onions with tops, sliced
- Large spinach leaves, optional
- Oranges slices, optional
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, peas, spinach, celery, pasta, artichoke hearts, cucumber and green onions. Cover and refrigerate. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. If desired, serve on a spinach leaf and garnish with oranges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Chicken Salad
Sort By :
A friend just made this and gave me a container full. I am addicted to it. So happy to have the recipe.
This recipe is so yummy. I make this for my elderly parents, with a subsitution in the dressing. (For my diabetic dad), I omit the sugar and use 1/8 cup Agave nectar, which is low-glycemic. You can adjust this amount to your personal taste. Also I use whole grain pasta as it is diabetic and diet friendly. God bless you!
Why is there no nutritional information for this recipe?
This recipe has been a favorite of mine since my daughter saw it in TOH introductory issue many years ago. It has just the right combination of flavors and textures. The dressing is fresh and ties the ingredients together while bringing out the best in each. It is good as an eat-at-home meal, but stars at a luncheon or dinner.
This is my favorite salad recipe! I've had this for years and make it all the time. It is SO good, and I love the variety of ingredients. Definitely a keeper.