Dazzle your hungry visitors with this crunchy salad. It showcases an interesting mixture of chicken, pasta, spinach and other vegetables. The delectable dressing complements the colorful ingredients. A hearty plateful makes a satisfying entree. —Janet Mooberry, Peoria, Illinois
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 3 whole breasts)
- 2 cups green grape halves
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cups packed torn spinach
- 2-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 7 ounces spiral pasta or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 3 green onions with tops, sliced
- Large spinach leaves, optional
- Oranges slices, optional
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, peas, spinach, celery, pasta, artichoke hearts, cucumber and green onions. Cover and refrigerate. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. If desired, serve on a spinach leaf and garnish with oranges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review