Spinach Chicken Roll
Spinach and feta cheese dress up tender chicken in this yummy entree from Ellen Fortuna of Santa Clara, Utah.
1 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil over medium heat
- until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or just
- until wilted. Stir in dill. Remove from the heat.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place spinach mixture and feta
- cheese down the center; fold one side over filling and roll up
- tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place seam side down in the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat
- for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning
- occasionally. Discard toothpick. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 281 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.