Spinach Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; layer with spinach and cheese. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumbs.
- 2. Place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Discard toothpicks from roll-ups; serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 roll-up (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-sodium broth) equals 360 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.