Spinach Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
“This recipe is one that I have adapted over time,” says Chris Duncan of Ellensburg, Washington. “It dresses up very well for company or special dinners yet is great for every night, too. The chicken breasts can be prepared and refrigerated until baking time if needed,” she notes.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; layer with spinach and cheese. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumbs.
- Place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Discard toothpicks from roll-ups; serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Chicken Roll-Ups in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p17
Reviews for Spinach Chicken Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2012
This dish is excellent. I followed the recipe to a "tee," and it came out perfectly. Thank you for sharing the recipe.