Spinach and feta cheese dress up tender chicken in this yummy entree from Ellen Fortuna of Santa Clara, Utah.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or just until wilted. Stir in dill. Remove from the heat.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place spinach mixture and feta cheese down the center; fold one side over filling and roll up tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place seam side down in the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Discard toothpick. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Spinach Chicken Roll in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p59
Reviews for Spinach Chicken Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review