- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or just until wilted. Stir in dill. Remove from the heat.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place spinach mixture and feta cheese down the center; fold one side over filling and roll up tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place seam side down in the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Discard toothpick. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Spinach Chicken Roll in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p59
Reviews for Spinach Chicken Roll(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2010
Great combination! The feta cheese worked excellent with the spinach. Now if only I could perfect my 'roll ups' to not spill out. Thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >