Spinach Chicken Pockets Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove; thinly sliced chicken and cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, cumin and cayenne; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, onions and chicken.
- 3. Drizzle with yogurt mixture; toss to coat. Microwave pita breads for 15-20 seconds or until warmed. Fill each half with 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
2 chicken pockets equals 317 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.