Spinach Chicken Pockets Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove; thinly sliced chicken and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, cumin and cayenne; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, onions and chicken.
- Drizzle with yogurt mixture; toss to coat. Microwave pita breads for 15-20 seconds or until warmed. Fill each half with 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Chicken Pockets in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Chicken Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >